Weekdays and Saturdays: 8:00 am
Saturday: 5:00 pm (Youth Mass)
Sunday: 8:00 am, 9:30 am, 11:30 am
Mass on Holy Days: Vigil Mass at 7:30 pm and Mass Day of at 8 am and 12 Noon.
Holy Days of Obligation:
- January 1, the solemnity of Mary, Mother of God
- Thursday of the Sixth Week of Easter, the solemnity of the Ascension
- August 15, the solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- November 1, the solemnity of All Saints
- December 8, the solemnity of the Immaculate Conception
- December 25, the solemnity of the Nativity of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Whenever January 1, the solemnity of Mary, Mother of God, or August 15, the solemnity of the Assumption, or November 1, the solemnity of All Saints, falls on a Saturday or on a Monday, the precept to attend Mass is abrogated. (Taken from United States Catholic Conference of Bishops, USCCB)
Confession / Reconciliation:
Confessions are heard Saturdays 4:00 - 4:45 pm in the church. Other times by appointment.
Baptisms are performed two Sundays a month at 1:30 pm (except during Lent). Call the Rectory at (631) 941-4141 to make arrangements after the fourth month of pregnancy or return this completedPetition for Baptism to the Rectory Office. Baptism dates are not confirmed until you are contacted from the office, acknowledging the paperwork has been received. If this is your first child or your first child to be baptized here at St. James, you must attend a Baptismal Preparation Class. Here are the needed documents and information on godparents. Baptism Guidelines
Please contact the rectory office at (631) 941-4141 at least nine months before your desired date. A priest will meet with the couple and will assign the wedding date, as well as go over other information needed. We offer Pre-Cana twice a year and a marriage preparation course must be completed prior to your wedding. Please note that you will need a new and updated certificate of Baptism, issued within six (6) months of the wedding date, from your church of baptism. Copies of the original are not acceptable.
If you prefer to start the process now, please fill out this Wedding Request Form and return to the rectory. Remember, no dates are given until confirmed by the priest. More information and guidelines can also be found here in the Wedding Booklet. This will answer many questions as you plan your special day at St. James.
Anointing of the Sick:
By request. Please contact the rectory office at (631) 941-4141.
* First Communion and Confirmation are through the Faith Formation Office. Visit the Faith Formation website for more information www.stjamesre.org
- Nocturnal Adoration: First Fridays 7:30 - 8:30 pm